Friday, June 4, 2010

Day 7 – Ketchikan, Alaska

I did it!! I went zip-lining and it was exhilarating. They picked me up at 7:30 am and we drove the 5 minutes to the base of the Bear Creek Mountain where we boarded a Uni-Mog to take us up the steep incline. We were suited up with our harnesses and helmets and had to walk about 100 feet up to the first tree platform. Once you are hooked up the rig it’s easy, I never feared for my safety at all. You feel very secure and it really was fantastic zipping through the 6 lines down to the slide. We crossed one suspension bridge and ended it all with a 250 foot slide to the bottom.


I would say that Ketchikan was definitely my favorite town on this cruise. It is incredibly quaint with loads of shopping available. We stopped at the Good Coffee shop and had a tasty Latte to keep us warm as we walked around Creek Street. It was a charming part of town, formerly the Red Light District, built on stilts. The area is full of history and culture. We were able to complete our souvenir shopping, with half price Jade and Bamboo T-Shirts. I would love to have spent more time in this port.

Alas we left at 1:00 pm and are headed for Victoria where we arrive tomorrow at 6:00 pm. It’s hard to believe our 7 day cruise is almost over. It’s been an amazing time and I am definitely going to cruise again. Thanks to Holland America, this has been a wonderful experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment