Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Ron's Gone Fishun'










Fly in Fishing for the Ultimate Relaxation





Every summer I go fishing as often as I can.



When people ask why I do so, I tell them that I really don't like fishing. I like bouncing around in the boat on the water. But after a while that can get boring so I am forced to reel in a few fish.

Yes I am hooked on fishing.

It is outdoors, away from the world, my mind can think or stay in a hypnotic state...and I seem to have the control over which.

The cares of the world a either hidden away or solved.
Most of this fishing is in Lake of the Woods, Ontario a few minutes away from my cottage in Sioux Narrows. It is an excellent fishing lake. So why go to a fly in lodge when I catch so many fish anyway? It is the ultimate social and fishing experience. You bond with old friends, you meet new ones, you are treated like a king, and you can catch really big fish...that you happily release because of the quanitity you are catching anyway.
Last year it was Aikens Lake Wilderness Lodge. What an exceptional experience in a first class lodge, managed by to notch operators, Pit and Julie Turenne. They currently are travelling through the States and will be hosting "shore lunch" fish frys in both Winnipeg and Brandon. I recommend them. If you are interested check them out on http://www.aikenslake.com/

And don't forget about our weekly contest celebrating our 10th Anniversary.
To enter our contest go to http://www.journeystravelgear.com/. No obligation. A new draw begins each Friday at 4pm CST.
Up for grabs this week... a discount certificate for a September long weekend booking for 2 with Aikens Lake Lodge.

Keep angling...and a good philosophy for fishing and life is keep only what you can eat today...they'll still be there tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment