Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Denise's Mexican Riviera Cruise







Day 4

What an awesome day!!

At lunch, as we were passing Cabo we had whales off the port and starboard sides. Then after lunch we enjoyed (??) the Hairy Chest contest. Played a round of mini-golf (where I won of course!). After dinner we watched dolphins play beside the ship, right from our balcony.

Truly fantastic. The only thing we missed was finding an open ping pong table and the Rock’N’Roll Dance Party.

We even got to take in a shopping talk and jewellery talk where we picked up a free charm bracelet, free earrings and a $100 certificate for diamond jewellery. Nice haul.

Busy day and yet so little to write. So I guess I’ll tell you about food! For lunch I ate at the Mongolian grill. I didn’t like the mild and hot flavours of sauce, so I decided to try the extra hot – how bad could it be, right? One little bowl of vegetables took me a whole glass of iced tea to get through. And then as soon as I was done the last bite I ran to the ice cream machine to dish up a few scoops to tame the heat! Hubby grabbed lunch from the Burrito Bar and thoroughly enjoyed it. For dinner we just had grand buffet, but that cheesecake was addictive – had to have 2 pieces! Again hubby went for something different and devoured a Kahlua and chocolate mousse dessert.

It was a beautiful and HOT day today. And tomorrow is supposed to be hot too, about 27. Pool and deck chairs were packed today, nice to see after the cooler day we had yesterday.

Tomorrow we reach our fist port of Puerto Vallarta. Busy day with 2 shore excursions and shopping in two different areas. Hopefully we’ll have time to get it all in because if I had to decide to leave something off, I don’t think I could.

2 comments: